Thursday, September 22, 2005

ISRAEL - THANK THE GOOD MAN UPSTAIRS!!
This place is amazing... Oozing with knowledge, dripping with adventure, controlled by a stoned secular government, littered with obscenities, swarming with Arabs, infested with stray cats, encompassed by activities to do every second of every day, and consumed with holiness.
WHEREVER THERE IS AN ADDED HEIGHT IN HOLINESS, THERE MUST BE AN EQUALLY LOW UN-HOLY STATE.
Never, Ever, Ever stay in an ARMENIAN HOSTEL in the heart of Jerusalem. Or anywhere. Here's why...
Wanna know what it's like to have to put all of your belongings into a metal locker and take the key with you to the bathroom??? (underwires are a great hiding place for a keychain...simply tuck it into the middle bar. It's really quite fantastic)

There was no lock on our door. "dor-mit-ree" she called it (the armenian freaky lady). We pushed our metal beds with inch thin mattresses (more like pancakes) together and put my hair-cutting scissors between us, "for a weapon," I told Moriel. And I kept my cellphone nearby. Just in case. I had nightmares of the Armenian/Arabic men sleeping there - that they'd come and rape us. They pretended to be Jewish. As IF. lol. but it really wasn't too funny then. It was freakish and scary as hell. AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thank G-d Moriel was there. What will I do when she goes off to get married? (oh man, and i got so emotional with her on shabbat when we were discusing how right and holy she had gone about this whole thing. Life-changing thing. Makes me feel kind of helpless. OY - shes so holy. I am so not.) Who is gonna want me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home